Sunday, June 3, 2012

This morning's DX AA plans

Here we are... 545am and will be leaving for the Dexter-Ann Arbor half marathon soon.  I'm still not sure if I'll be running it this morning.  Either way, I'll be there.  I'm going in my running clothes with back ups (sweats and pb&j) in the car.  I've foam rolled, stretched, iced, relaxed and might be able to run. 

I'll meet the ladies as planned (in Ann Arbor), carpool to the starting line (in Dexter) and after jogging around a bit, see how I feel.  If I have no pain in my right hip/glute, I'll run the half conservatively for fun.  If I do have pain in that first mile or so of jogging before the race, I'll head back with one of the girls from the group and volunteer at the 501 water station at mile 11. 

Either way, I'll be there for this awesome event I still haven't run yet.  If I can't run it comfortably, I'll stay and support my friends.  I've tried to sway my mind that I won't be disappointed if I don't run this race this year since:

1) it's not the end of the world, there are ALWAYS other races
2) I PR'd THREE half marathons in 2012 already.  All within 7 weeks of each other
3) There will be other DX AA races I can do
4) this isn't my "A" race and I haven't had my heart set on it for real for real (like my first full)
5) how dumb would I be if I ran and injured myself worse

So, here I go... I'll let you know what happens :)

DNS (did not start) > DNF (did not finish).... if you're making the smart choice, not a lazy one in my opinion

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you couldn't run but glad you played it smart! It was good to see you and everybody else at mile 11. I hope it heals super fast, whatever it is :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, so much for the suspense! Thanks Ty......... HA

    ReplyDelete