My first marathon is becoming more and more real! In 24 days, I'll be toeing the line to my very first marathon! I can't believe it! I thought I would have more self-doubt at this point, but I don't... yet.
My first 20 miler is this weekend. So far, not intimidated by it. I'm meeting a friend at the ungodly hour of 530am to knock out 6 miles before our class starts. Then we'll bust out 14 with three other friends. I'm excited for the fun of the group run - and 2 of us are running the Detroit Full, 2 are running the Detroit Half, so we may run together on race day...
I haven't decided on my race day outfit yet, but I have:
- my training plan in stone
- night before food planned (Cottage Inn pizza!)
- morning of race breakfast planned (crunchy PB toast)
- mid-run fuel ready to go (Jelly Belly Sport Beans in Cherry)
- newish shoes broken in (New Balance 758)
- friends coming in town