Friday, November 11, 2011

Iron Turkey!

So I peer-pressured into registering for a race this weekend - the Iron Turkey of the Dexter Turkey Trot.  At least peer-pressure was a good thing in this instance :)  All the girls from my pace in our running group are doing it, so I couldn't be left out.

I figured this would be the only time I'd be an Iron-anything, so I better go for it.  The races offer a 5K and 10K and the Iron Turkey is running both.  We'll be running the 5K at 9am and then the 10K at 10am, so we'll have some time in between.  Time will tell if that's a good thing or not :)

I haven't run more than 6.2 miles since the marathon, but seeing as though I'm almost 4 weeks out, I should be okay.  At least, that's what I'm telling myself.  I'm not going all-out to race this thing; my goal is to enjoy the day and enjoy running with friends.

Isn't that what running should be all about??  

plus, we're supposed to get some 'special shirt' just for Iron Turkey runners and a medal, too :)

5 comments:

  1. Ha, totally agree! The only thing I "iron" are my shirts, and that's rare! Good luck with the race, I'm sure you'll gobble up a great time! That's a pun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Rose. It should be fun. I'd race if it were closer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, we'll see when the gun goes off how much fun you have! Just go a little further to get in your ten miles for the day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was there too! I hope it went well for you... Bummed I didn't know you would be there until just now-blerg.

    It was a fun race!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the "Iron Turkey" There will be a Turkey Trot here for the first time this year. I am going to do the 5k and 1 mile I wish they had a 10k too I would be in for that. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete