Saturday, August 11, 2012

Random Updates

Here's some random stuff going on in my head:
That's a maternity skirt from a long run about 3 weeks ago :)
I got clearance from the OB on Wed to run again :)  Just nothing too intense until my ultrasound in another couple of weeks.  I was so thrilled once I got out of her office!!

However, I still haven't run :(  It's been a busy and stressful week at work and all attempts to meet friends for a run were thwarted.  Not the end of the world - I'll get out there soon.  Just knowing I can brings a huge smile to my face!
This morning, I went to find a pair of workout pants (read: stretchy) and one of my husband's t-shirts to throw on to run a few errands.  I was elated when I found a pair of yoga pants that I had forgotten all about!  I always thought they were so sorority-girl but as soon as I tried them on I loved them!

I bought them 6 weeks ago for a field trip at work to go ice skating and forgot all about them.  I was like a kid on Christmas morning!  Now I don't think I'll wear anything else until the baby's born.

My hubby is all about having a boy - we aren't finding out until the baby is born in January - and keeps bringing home a bunch of boy stuff - football onsies, dinosaur pjs, you name it, he's bought it.  In turn, I found some fun girly stuff  to put on my wish list.

Wouldn't these just be so adorable!

As much as I'd like to think that these extra hormones won't get the best of me, I found myself in tears over Susan Boyle's first audition to Britain's Got Talent.  Don't ask me why I even watched that clip - my husband is a chronic shitty you tube video watcher - and I had never seen it before.  I just lost it.  The crowd was just so mean as she introduced herself and the she totally rocked it.  I was so proud of her and  crying like a baby at how great she was!! 

Maybe these hormones are getting to my head...

2 comments:

  1. So... confession. I've actually never heard Susan Boyle sing. I avoid those shows like the plague since I'm a classically trained music snob. But she's got a set of pipes on her! Thanks for sharing =)

    Hope you're able to get that run in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been out of the blog loop from my break to study for the Bar so I totally missed the announcement. Congratulations! I love that tutu if you end up having a girl. So adorable!

    ReplyDelete