Saturday, October 16, 2010

Half Marathon Tomorrow!

I'm so excited about the Detroit Half Marathon tomorrow! I went down to COBO to the expo this morning and it was so energetic. Even though I won't be able to run the entire time since I haven't been able to adequately train after my knee/foot injury, I'm still excited to run/walk it. It's going to be a beautiful day and I'll still feel good afterward. Next year, I'll either run the entire half marathon, or perhaps even run the full! Who knows??!!

What's crazy about today is that even though I've been off the training plan for the past month, I'm so pumped up and have already planned out my next few races, including at least two more half marathons! I can't explain how energetic and friendly and helpful everyone is at the expo - from booth reps to volunteers to the thousands of runners all around you. It's contagious and I love it.

So that's it, I'm totally back into the game. I even bought a runner's fanny pack - nothing like my mom used to have, but small and discreet to hold my car key, license, phone and even race bib. In reality, probably just my key and bib for tomorrow. I'm just so excited. I'll let you know how it goes :)

1 comment: