Sunday, March 4, 2012

Back to Reality and upcoming Races

The week back from vacation has come and gone and I'm exhausted!  After a week with naps every day, an entire work day without a nap seemed so long! 

I've gotten back to a normal running routine, too.  Six hilly miles Tuesday night with the group, three miles with a friend Thursday morning, ten on Saturday and 3 more on Sunday.  All in all, a good week. 

Saturday morning's ten miles went really well.  I wasn't able to run with the group as I took some family members to the airport, so I ventured to the metropark to knock out ten on my own.  I can't remember when I ran that many miles on my own and it felt good.  Granted, I love running with my friends, but it was nice for me to get into my head a bit. 

I felt like I was prepping myself to cop out before I even started, but once I was out there, I was just rolling.  Each mile felt great, I was able to find more love of running within myself and I finished these ten faster than I have ever before.  A great day indeed!

So now I have to decide if I wanna push myself for a May 6th marathon (I can't do one on the 20th as I'll be out of town for work), or just rock out the half marathons I already have planned - Rock CF on March 25th and Let's Move on April 28th. 

I'll guess think about it as I volunteer for Shamrocks & Shenanigans next weekend and then kill it at ShamRock 'n Roll on the 18th. 

Now I can get back to the other things I enjoy: baking!!
This is my first attempt at chocolate and banana cupcakes with a cream cheese banana topping! 
Delicioso!!

No comments:

Post a Comment