Tuesday, August 7, 2012

So Productive

I am so productive when I'm told not to run.  It sucks not running, but I still wake up bright and early at 6am on Saturdays, cause that's just what I do.  So this weekend I made it worth it.  I've been emptying our spare room to turn it into a nursery for two months now, slowly but surely and now it's time to speed it up a bit.  

We've lived in our house for almost 4 years and this spare room/office has become a catch-all for everything.  High School yearbooks?  check.  Drying rack for running clothes?  check.  books from childhood?  check.  Wedding receipts from 2+ years ago?  Got em.  Why?  I don't know.

Now that the room is just about empty, it was time to tear down one entire wall of wallpaper and a  room-full of ugly border.  The border was bordered (yeah, weird word choice) with trim nailed into the wall.  I started with that.  Thought it would be so hard to remove - yeah, it was styrofoam trim.  Who does that?  Needless to say, it came off easily. 
I found an awesome homemade mixture of ammonia, fabric softener and water that helped the paper come off so easily, all in perfect little sheets just about.  Thank you, Pinterest!  It worked way better than any store-bought thing I've tried in the past.  Best $5 I've ever spent.
The border was a little annoying, but made much easier after I woke up my husband and took him to Home Depot to buy this:
So much more helpful than this dinky thing we bought when my nieces and nephew were staying with us and couldn't reach the sink.
Truth be told, I really wanted a Home Depot hot dog with warm melted cheese.  That's why I woke my husband up and then I thought about the platform ladder thing.  And yes, the hot dog was thoroughly heated so I wasn't introducing salmonella or whatever hot dogs carry to my unborn baby. 

After washing down the walls to get the last bits of glue, all I have to do is patch up the holes where the crappy trim ripped the drywall and we'll be ready to paint.  We already have the color at home and ready to go, so I have no excuses :)
I find out tomorrow morning if I can resume running and I of course hope my OB says yes, but my husband hopes for no so I continue to be this productive around the house!  Screw him, we still have five months for the room to get ready!

Wish me luck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment