Saturday, October 15, 2011

Before I can get into the excitement of tomorrow's marathon - my FIRST - I want to briefly recap Sunday's Big House, Big Heart 10K.  I ran in Ann Arbor with a bunch of my 501 friends and had a blast!  
This race is near and dear to my heart since my sister talked me into walking it in October 2009.  After that experience, I got to thinking, I wonder if I can run this course?  And I started couch to 5K the next day.  Now, two years later, I'm running my first marathon tomorrow!  CRAZY!!
This is me after the finish Oct 2009 -  no idea what to wear, what to do, didn't talk to anyone and came in just under an hour for the 5K.  But the possibilities were endless and started right here - thanks Coop!!

I also got to meet Katie from Runs for Cookies!  She has an amazingly inspirational and fun blog about her incredible weight loss journey and I highly recommend it.  In fact, I didn't even realize she was local until she mentioned to me she was running the BHBH.  She did awesome in her race and it was so nice to meet her!!
So, after the crazy busy week at school this week and Monday Night Football in the D where the Lions killed the Bears, I'm finally ready to run my first marathon!  Rebecca and I hit the expo yesterday afternoon and I was finally able to purchase one of the beloved Detroit 26.2 jackets.  I've been eyeing them online for awhile now, tried them all on and found the perfect one for me.  It's hanging in my closet right now, waiting for me to earn it tomorrow :)  Can't wait to wear it to school on Monday!
The expo was pretty awesome and I like this year's race shirt!  Love the streamed line sponsors on it, too.
So, other than still trying to figure out what I'm going to wear tomorrow, I'm all set!!  With possible rain, I'm debating my running skirt (might not want the extra wet fabric) or my fav adidas spandex shorts.  Either will be fine.  But for the top, I'm still undecided.  The personalized shirt I ordered is not perfect and I'm not thrilled with it, so I'm not sure if I'll run with it at all.  I have arm warmers which might be nice, but I've never run in them.....   So, off I go for an easy 2 miler and see what happens...

My friends from Chicago are in town to run the race and my family is trying to figure out where to meet to spectate, so we're getting ready to go!!

Can't wait for the alarm to go off at 4am tomorrow to get this show on the road already!!  I'm so excited!!

6 comments:

  1. You will do fine! No rain...Nope...it's not happening! Haha! but be prepared. I'm wearing short sleeves with arm warmers and shorts. I'm hoping to pick up a throw away set of sweats at goodwill today for before the race. I would go back to where you got your shirt and talk to them. They will make it right. Kill it tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear the recap. Good luck tomorrow and remember to look around and have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for you, too! You're going to do great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck!!! I'm very excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm just now catching up on all the blogs I missed while I was in AZ--I thought of you on Sunday. Can't wait to read about it!!

    ReplyDelete