Wednesday, October 19, 2011

More Marathon Thoughts with some Pics

I've felt great after my first marathon on Sunday!  I've been able to go up and down stairs without using the railing since Monday night and have been able to get up off the potty all by myself!  Everyone has been so surprised that I was at work on Monday, but I've felt great.  My low back and quads have been tight, but not painful.  
I met with my 501 running group Tuesday night and ran 3 miles with them - they felt great :)  Since the majority of us ran Detroit, we then stayed after to chat about our experiences.  It was so much fun!  Then I got home and received some fun pics from my mom from the marathon!  So excited to share them with you!
All 501ers before Detroit in our warm up area
My 501 besties: Amanda (1st full), Rhoda (2nd half), Liz (2nd half) and me (1st full)
Our fine booties after mile 14ish.  I got lots of love on my socks :)
Going onto Belle Isle - looks like we're still moving and maybe even enjoying ourselves.  About mile 19.
Coming off Belle Isle - don't look as great, but still upright and moving - about mile 22.5
Turning the corner around mile 25.5ish, almost to the finish line.  Amanda was looking great; I wanted to kill people :)
Finally finished picture with my hubby - after I devoured the bag of swedish fish in my hand - I had texted my sister to bring them to the finish line a few days earlier :)
Lafayette Coney!!  Katie (finished her 2nd marathon), me, hubby, and mother-in-law (love her)!
Back of my custom shirt : "They say you never forget your first!!"  haha so true :)

I have so many fun fun memories of this race and will be sharing them with you soon as soon as I can focus.  I'm going out of town tomorrow for a conference and won't be home til Sunday, so hopefully I'll be able to catch up then :)

I've been stalking the freep website a million times a day to see if the race photos are up; I can't wait to see them!!

Oh, and I've been contemplating marathon #2 since Sunday afternoon :)  Running a marathon has turned me into a crazy person - I haven't slept more than 6 hours a night and I typically sleep 10-12 hours regularly.  I feel great and am ready to rule the world!

4 comments:

  1. Great pics! I also have been stalking the site for pics. Can't wait o hear about race #2!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we were at American Coney Island after! only because they had more seats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats and I love that you're ready to rule the world. I saw some of your 501 buddies out there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pics! I'm excited that you are still on your marathon high! I think my marathon will be a once and done, but who knows. I think I thought that about my first half and my first tri!

    ReplyDelete