Friday, December 30, 2011

New Running Things!!

After Christmas, I did a little online shopping and quickly forgot about it all.  So when I received some of my goodies today in the mail, I was so excited!!
 
I finally purchased some Smartwool running socks.  It's cold and wet in MI (although still no snow) and I needed something better in terms of socks.  I've checked a bunch out and asked a million runners and Smartwool is by far the highest recommended brand.  Thank you Amazon gift card from work.  Can't wait to try them on out on tomorrow morning's 10 miler.

Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred has been talked about by just about every blogger I know, so I figured I'd use the remaining $5 at Amazon to try this out.  "Lose up to 20 pounds in 30 days"  Sign me up!!  I'll be experimenting with it tomorrow after the run, so I'll let you know how that goes. 
This also magically appeared at my front door, don't have any idea where it came from :)  Apparently my husband didn't get the hint, so I took care of it at 60% off.  Check out the Shrek bell and Michigan football ornament you can barely see in the background :)
I won a pair of Knuckle Lights from Sheri at Running through Life and just got them in the mail today.  I can't wait to try them out and since it'll still be dark at 7am when we start our run tomorrow, I'll get the chance right away!  I can't believe how bright they are just inside the house!  I'll certainly let you know how it goes :)
Finally, we have my nieces and nephew over for the week :)  It's going to be so much fun!  They're 5, 7 and 11 and FULL of energy.  It's only been a half day so far and I'm pooped!  Ask me by Wednesday how I'm feeling :)  Today was sugar cookie making and we all got out alive and in bed at a reasonable hour!!

Hope things are going well for you all in prep for the New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Did you see that I got Nathan the same ornament? I'm glad you have one since you more than earned it this year!

    ReplyDelete