Saturday, December 31, 2011

Goodbye 2011 :)

I had an awesome 10 miler this morning with great friends!  I LOVED my Knuckle Lights - they really illuminated the path!  I only needed them for the first thirty minutes, but they were incredibly helpful.  I'm really looking forward to using them on a night run to see how they help :)

I also loved the Smartwool socks - my feet stayed warm and I didn't get any blisters (which I typically do on a normal day).  Not that I'm hoping for snow, but I'll be curious to see how good my feet feel when it's freezing and wet outside.  Time will tell in MI :)

Got home and made a DELICIOUS French Toast breakfast for myself and the kids (my sister's kids are staying with us through Wednesday).  It was the first time I used the new griddle I received as a gift last Christmas and I love it as well :)

I talked everyone in the house into a nap after lunch with the promise of staying up until midnight to beat pots & pans.  It was amazing!  Now I just hope I can make it that long!!

I'm off to try making homemade Chicken Noodle Soup to eat over mashed potatoes - something one of my running friends told us about a few weeks ago that I'm dying to try.  Worst case scenario, we'll make some pizza :)

I can't believe that 2011 is almost over - it has been awesome:
  • it brought me confidence in my running
  • I joined an amazing running group and made some of my new best friends
  • I finished a MARATHON! 
I don't know how 2012 can beat this, but I can't wait to find out!

Happy New Year's Eve everyone - be safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment