Monday, June 20, 2011

I LOVE to Run!

Finally!  I've come to the point where I love to run!  I think about it all the time, I can't wait to get out there, I've found the perfect outfit, I love my garmin, life is great!  

I just got back from an evening 4.5miler and it couldn't have felt better; it was just what the doctor ordered.  After a long day of new-car shopping, I was exhausted, confused, overwhelmed and crabby.   I came home, shared all my new car knowledge with my husband, felt like we'll never have enough money (ever, let alone to buy a car soon), and had to lace up and get outside.

The past week I've been stopping for walk breaks, which I've rarely done since since I was able to run 3 miles continuously.  This past week, I've been feeling very sluggish and taking walk breaks before the 2 mile marker.  I've had some serious self-doubt, but nothing my normal 4 mile route couldn't fix tonight.

I ran the first two miles without even looking at my garmin!  From last week's stopping for walk breaks just after a mile to this felt amazing!  All was smooth sailing until the 3.5 mile point when I had to stop for a train.

Now, I was kinda out in the country and didn't want to chance my life with a train, so I stopped and jogged in place for a few minutes.  I was bummed that I had to take a short break, but in the grand scheme of things, not a big deal at all.

Finished running 4.15 miles and continued to walk the rest of the way home.  I felt amazing and it was just what I needed today!  Hope it'll help me power through more car dealerships tomorrow!

Our first hill workout of our group class is tomorrow night - it's sure to be a fun experience!

2 comments:

  1. oy, car dealerships are such a pain! Great job with your run, no shame in walk breaks. I take em all the time, I think they make you stronger overall. Good luck with the hill workout, I'll be interested to see what you guys do for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hopefully you found something!

    When i bought my Jetta, I went to the dealership, they made a fabulous offer on my then Focus and within a day I had bought it. I highly doubt it will ever be that easy again!

    have fun tonight!

    ReplyDelete