Monday, April 25, 2011

Playing Catch Up

It's been almost a week since I've posted, so here's a brief recap of what's been going on:

I met up with local blogger/runner Rebecca last Friday for an awesome neighborhood run!  She is the first person I've run with since I started in Oct 09!  It really was great to run with someone and made the 4.4 miles fly by - even in the rain and hail.  I'm hoping we can find a time to do this again :)

I'm getting super-pumped for this weekend's Half Marathon.  It's the inaugural race in my hometown of Mt. Clemens and I'm so excited to be able to walk to the start from my parent's house.  This will be my first race not stressing about finding parking!  

Work has been getting busy and I've been teaching more CPR classes, which is fun.  I work in a school running the after school and summer programs for the kids, but to actually teach a group of adults such important life-saving skills is amazing.  I feel like a champ when they turn in their exams.  

P90X is still going strong.  I'm on week 5, which is the first week of a new routine.  I feel like a newbie again as I'm just learning some of the moves.  The important thing is that I'm still doing it!

My husband and I spent all of last Friday shopping for new living room furniture - couches & TV.  We must have went to 900 different stores and finally found exactly what we were looking for at a price less than our budget!   It was amazing!  However, on Saturday, my legs we more sore than after any long run or half marathon I've ever ran.  How is that possible?  How can 7 hours of walking/shopping/driving tire me out more than the 2.5 hours it takes me to run 13.1 miles?  

I'm loving the kinda spring weather we're having in MI - I've been able to get in a couple evening runs after work with my dogs which has been really fun.

Taking it easy this week, just a couple 30 min runs before Saturday's race.  Race outfit is picked out and clean and list of things to pack is written; I can't wait!!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your half Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best wishes with your half on Saturday! PS, thank you for your nice comments! I'm sure you'll be great this weekend!

    ReplyDelete