Thursday, April 14, 2011

Week 3 and going strong

I'm in my third week of P90X and I'm still enjoying it!  I'm finding the time to do it every day in addition to my half training schedule and I feel GREAT!  I don't see any results yet, but I think it's still early.   Next week is a cut-back week in the schedule and I'm partly excited for a change and partly dreading it since it has 2 Yoga X days - which I'm not a fan of.  But, I'm going into it with a positive attitude and my goal is to get through the first 47 minutes (of 90) at least once.  I can do this.

Long run of 12 miles this weekend, which I may have to do on Sunday given the rain expected on Saturday.  It's my last long run before my next half on the 30th in my home town.  I'm so excited for this race!  My parents have signed up for the mile-long River Walk; my hubby, his friend, his mom and her friend are all doing the 5K and they'll all be there at the finish line when I finish the half marathon!

This is my first race in which I felt confident enough to invite spectators; I've done all other ones solo and I'm really getting excited about it.  Not to mention the fact that it's the inaugural race in my home town - I hope I see other people out there that I know!!

If you're on the east side of MI, check it out!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome job! Sticking with it is the key. My bro didn't see any results right away but always said he felt good while doing it, but when he saw the results, dang! I need to borrow the P90X from him, so hopefully seeing how much you enjoy it will help me build up the motivation necessary to do the P90X myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's so great that you are able to do P90X while training for a half. And it's great that you are going to have the extra support of spectators. I think you'll find it really helps knowing someone along the course!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job taking on P90X with your half training! Enjoy your last long run this weekend!

    ReplyDelete