Thursday, March 3, 2011

4 Miles :)

I got up this morning and drove to the metropark for my 4 miles. It was only me and 2 little old ladies this morning. Again, it was nice to have a cleared, paved area to run without worrying about traffic or uncleared sidewalk.

I never run outside with earbuds in for safety and to be aware of what's going on around me. Lately, I've been turning Pandora on my phone and listening to it on low in the arm pocket of my running jacket. The Black Eyed Peas station has really helped me keep going :)

Today, I ran without any music and just chugged out the 4 miles. It felt really good as I let my brain wander. I rarely think about the mileage, which is nice, and I come up with some really fun ideas and thoughts out of nowhere.

The round trip took me just about an hour and I still had plenty of time to get back home and get ready for work. I think this will be my new outdoor run plan on the weekdays :)

I'm hoping the weather cooperates for this weekend's 11 miler. Please no more freezing rain!!

2 comments:

  1. Sunday might be your best bet. I run with music to train but never in my races. I love hearing everyone else run!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a nice run! Hope the weather cooperates for your long run!

    ReplyDelete