Sunday, March 13, 2011

One Week Away!

It's only one week from today that I'll be running my second Half Marathon. This is the first one I'll be injury-free and properly trained for, so I'm excited to run it all the way through. The race is at 730am about an hour away from my house, so I'm hoping I figure out my pre-race fueling that morning. I typically eat right when I wake up and then go run, so we'll see how this works out.

The good news is that I should be able to meet up with a couple bloggers at this race, so something to look forward to before hand and then I have family that lives on the island who will have a large breakfast waiting for me afterward, so it's going to be a great day! I'm really looking forward to it. Right now, the weather forecast calls for rain that day, but what do they know anyway ;)

I ran my last long run yesterday - 6 miles - and they felt great. I feel like I say that a lot about my runs, but I swear, it's the truth :) I'm taking my dogs out for a little 3 miler this afternoon, so that will be fun.

I'm really looking forward to next week. It's weird to think that I was so nervous that I wouldn't be prepared for this race that I didn't sign up until just a couple weeks ago. I'm still surprised in how I doubt myself, even though I followed a great training plan to the letter. I'm just happy with where I am now.

This will be a light week for me with the race on Sunday, so I'm looking forward to that. Hope everyone has a great week!

1 comment: